GymAware is the leading tool to measure performance in the weights room.
Designed by Australian sporting experts, produced in Australia and used by elite sporting teams and institutions internationally. GymAware offers scientifically-validated and actionable metrics that will help improve your training.
GymAware has the worlds largest repository of strength related data. To date there are well over 2.5 million individual reps on our secure database collected over 12 years. GymAware has been validated by the Australian Institute of Sport and is extensively used in research papers.
The GymAware PowerTool is a LPT (Linear Position Transducer) designed specifically for measuring performance in athletes.
Accurate and reliable
An honest team player
GymAware is designed for accuracy.
GymAware was designed and built by engineers with over 20 years experience in developing sports technology for elite sport. It has been designed from the ground up as a tool for measuring performance in the gym.
GymAware has been extensively and independantly validated. Key accuracy features are:
- Positional accuracy
- Angle of lift
- Rep detection
- Sampling method [PDF - 180KB]
- Sampling rate [PDF - 244KB]
The GymAware PowerTool records at 50 times a second and there are over 270 pre-defined exercises.
Made for iOS
GymAware fits the latest trends
Whether you have an iPhone, iTouch or iPad, GymAware will talk to you.
GymAware is approved by Apple to run on all iOS devices – iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. This not only means that GymAware is very easy to use but it also keys in to the whole Apple ecosystem.
- Bluetooth connection allows the user to move freely through the gym environment without any annoying cables.
- Big screen display using AirPlay. Use any 3G WiFi data connection to display results 'live' on the leaderboard from unlimited PowerTools anywhere in the world.
- Video capture and video composite. The in-built video camera captures athletes movements and overlays data instantly giving immediate feedback to the athlete.
- Software updates through the App store.
GymAware makes it easy to measure progress, motivate athletes and train for performance. The GymAware PowerTool connects via Bluetooth to your iPhone, iPad or iTouch. There is no complicated setup, no calibration, no stress. With GymAware, you get the information you need to get results with your athletes.
Our vision, your expertise
Realtime video capture
Use the in-built video camera on your iOS device for giving feedback on lift technique.
GymAware is the first performance tool for strength and conditioning coaches to incorporate integrated video feedback. Combining video capture with GymAware data recording.
Currently only available in the old GymAware Apps, this feature is tagged for release in January 2015
- Capture and review lifts while overlaying rep by rep GymAware data.
- Display a customisable grid to help in correcting lift technique.
- Review in slow motion or frame by frame.
- Save rendered videos with grid and data overlay.
- Save videos to YouTube with custom privacy settings (so you can easily share with athletes) or to your photo album.
Check out an example here
Educate, inspire, achieve
Feedback is king
Get the smarts with GymAware
Lets face it, the gym can be a bit boring for today’s athlete. The modern generation is often characterised by a need for instant gratification and constant feedback. They are also very tech savy and quick to respond to new technologies.
As a GymAware performance professional you can give your athletes real-time feedback on power, velocity and technique while they train. Feedback that breaks the day to day monotony and creates a competitive environment that has athletes begging for more!
You will be able to fine tune your program without the guess work.
Set individualised performance targets, then reward the athletes when they achieve them with instant audio and visual feedback.
GymAware makes it easy to measure progress, motivate athletes and train for performance.
Warren Andrews – Strength & Conditioning Coach – WA Cricket
Big screen display
Motivate with the leaderboard
Using Wi-Fi, data is automatically sync’d and a ranking displayed.
Nothing beats direct measurement of key performance indicators such as Power, Speed, and Jump Height to get the best out of your athletes. Next publish the results on a big screen and you got the best motivational tool there is.
With GymAware, there are 2 core methods for utilising the big screen.
In combination with GymAware Online/Pro display a real time leaderboard and automatically sync sets via the WiFi network.
Connect an Apple TV unit to a HDMI compatible TV. The bigger the better! Use AirPlay over WIFI, mirror the output of the iPad screen onto the big screen TV.
Brendyn Appleby – Strength & Conditioning Coach, RugbyWA
Meaningful data visualisation
Set ranges and targets
Report to athletes, coaches and management.
With GymAware Cloud you can:
- Access a range of automated summary reports for immediate analysis through gymaware.com
- View direct on the iOS device, online or save and print as PDFs.
For sports professionals who want instant analysis so they can make immediate decisions.
Do more carry less
Portable and versitile
Great for quick tests and travelling teams
The interface to iPhone and iPad makes it simple, quick to use and highly portable. The PowerTool unit weighs in at 900gms and has a 12hr continuous use rechargable battery life.
GymAware is so simple, portable and easy to use that athletes can monitor their own training without taking up your time.
Available in a 4 or 8 kit travel case complete with inbuilt USB charging station. This allows you to simultaneously charge all the PowerTools and iPads in one place.
Ralph Brandon – Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach, English Institute of Sport.
Your key metrics in one place
Collect results, set and adjust training targets.
GymAware is based on meeting the needs of strength coaches and performance staff.
On-line data management packages are available with GymAware Cloud. Upload all results into "the cloud" for backup, reporting and analysis.
- Sync athlete’s results to online storage for later export and analysis with tools like Excel.
- View historical performances, export results and set individual performance targets.
- GymAware Cloud is optimised for tracking multiple athletes. Organise athletes into as many squads as needed to get the work done, then target data entry based on squads.
- Keep multiple devices “in-sync” – collect results and body weights at multiple stations, then sync to all devices.
- Results accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
GymAware features include:
- Made for iOS - The GymAware PowerTool partners with any Apple iOS device to give you an unparallelled user experience.
- Measures power, velocity and a range of other parameters.
- Provides instant feedback for maximum motivation.
- Use the in-built video cameras on your iOS device for giving feedback on lift technique.
- Versitile and easy to use - GymAware can be used for body-weight exercises like squat jumps or connected to any pin-loaded machine or weights bar.
- Accurate - measures angle of lift, allowing the device to be placed out of the athletes way. Additionally GymAware can be roof mounted for complete freedom.
- Portable - The GymAware PowerTool is easy to set up and light, weighing in at 900gms. Making it the preferred tool for quick tests and travelling teams.
Make informed training decisions with GymAware.
Professional sports teams, leading sports institutes, academies and Universities across the world currently benefit from using GymAware. It is widely adopted across Australia as well as internationally with teams and institutes in New Zealand, Canada, China, Japan, Europe, United Emirates, the US, and the UK all measuring power with GymAware.
What makes the PowerTool so special?
Yes it is accurate, reliable and versatile. It's also wireless, portable and built by engineers. But that's not it.
The thing that makes the PowerTool so unique is ease of use. The PowerTool is a fusion of cutting edge sports technology and a state of the art Apple iOS user interface. Apple are leaders in design for usability and GymAware makes full use of this with apps available for iPhone, iPad and iTouch.
The PowerTool has been approved under Apple's stringent MFi program. This a rigorous certification process that ensures that any accessory that connects to an iOS device, conforms to Apple's usability and interface specification.
GymAware and PowerTool have a long track record in elite sport. The recent fusion of PowerTool and iOS devices opens up new opportunities for sports professionals at all levels of sport. You no longer need a sports science degree to get the benefits of power monitoring. Entry level systems are affordable for teams, clubs and schools at all levels, and the on-line versions offer data and athlete management needed by professional teams and personal trainers specialising in high performance.
Contact us to find out more about how the PowerTool/iOS device combination can boost your effectiveness as a sports professional.