Last updated: September 14, 2018
In order to use GymAware online we require to collect and manage a variety of data from you. This document attempts to explain this to you in as clear a method as possible but if you have any questions or concerns please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ask that you gain appropriate consent to any athlete you plan to enter into our system including parental consent from any athlete under 16 years of age.
Who are we
Kinetic Performance Technology Pty Ltd is a Australian based hardware and software company working with coaching staff to help them better understand their athletes performance.
GymAware Cloud is a Software as a Service (SaaS) that synchronizes data among your iPads and provides management, insights and reporting extending the usefulness of the GymAware PowerTool.
GymAware Cloud is hosted on servers in the United States of America.
What data do we collect
We collect three kinds of data in able to provide our services to you:
- Account and billing data
- Athlete profile data
- Performance data
You and your athletes have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold about you.
You have the right to request from Kinetic rectification or erasure of personal data and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you are not satisfied with our response to your request.
We will respond to this request in a timely manner of no more then 30 days.
Account and billing data
- Organization Name
- Billing and technical contacts
- Invoice information
- Renewal Periods
- Staff Names and email addresses and passwords
- API keys for linking your data to other systems
- IP addresses of login attempts are tracked as part of securing your account.
Payment details such as credit/debit card info
We do not store credit/debit card information. This information is handled directly by our payment processing services to complete a transaction you requested.
Athlete profile data
- Athlete identifiers such as Name, Jersey Number, Photo, Sport and Position so your staff can create accurate reports.
- Athlete body mass for use in calculating measures such as Power during body weight exercises.
- Squad related information
- Data collected by the GymAware App about the athletes lifts. This data includes Velocity, Power Force and range of other associated metrics
- Exercise Test Descriptions
Where is this data
- In your GymAware Cloud account
- On each of the iPads you have synchronized with the server.
- In an application you have granted permission to access through your API tokens.
When will we remove data
- When your account has been unpaid for 90 days it will be marked for deletion out of our system.
- When you contact us and ask us to delete your account.
- Athletes that you have archived are removed after a period of inactivity (Configurable in your settings)
- When you delete the app from your iPad all your data will be removed with it. (Videos and data files you have exported will still exist)
When will we contact customers
- We may send occasional emails with updated legal information.
- We may send account-related email messages that are triggered by your site activity, such as welcome emails, notifications and reminders.
- We periodically send out a newsletter to any one who has subscribed to it.
Manage opt out settings
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter you can opt out of it by clicking on the unsubscribe button in the newsletter.
- If a staff member is no longer with you you can archive their account from the manager>staff section.
- If you are no longer working with an athlete you can archive them from manager>athletes section, they will then be removed from the account following a period of inactivity.
(Default = 90 days)
Cookies and Tracking
We never combine this information with any from third parties nor do we provide any of this information to third parties. It exists to provide and and improve the products you have paid for.
In order to provide all of the services of the GymAware cloud we make use of a range of third party software that will at times have access to some of your data. This table tries to explain what kind of data will be available to each of these third parties.
If you have purchased your cloud license through one of our distributors then they will have access to your account information to a similar level as the support staff at Kinetic, the list of these provider can be found on our distributor page.
- Xero Limited Account and billing data, Billing contact personal information (such as phone, email) New Zealand / Australia
- Spark Post Automated Emails sent by the system. USA
- Mail Chimp Email newsletters and email lists USA
- Rackspace Physical Hardware and access logs USA
- Google Analytics, Docs and GMail services USA (worldwide)
- Capsule CRM Email and other contact information for support and billing purposes USA
- PayPal Payment Processor USA
- eWay Payment Processor Australia
We believe all of these providers are responsible and reliable providers of their services. If you have any concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
Returns and Refunds
Thanks for purchasing GymAware. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help.
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging. Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.